Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Little White Salmon


Last weekend I had one of the best paddling experiences of my life. I got to paddle some of the best whitewater in the world. I had no idea what I was in for when my brother told me that we were gonna go paddle the L dub. I thought the Green Truss was big, but the second I got on to the rapid called "getting busy" my view of kayaking changed, my view of kayaking kept on changing around every corner of the river. One down side was I was crazy nervous so I definitely wasn't paddling my best for the first hour or so. After that I was enjoying myself so much all my fears and nervousness went right away so that was great. One of the other factors that helped make one of the best days of my life was the crew that I was paddling with. They were some of the nicest guys and girls that were totally cool with whatever happened and whatever your decision was. I felt completely comfortable with the Huckin Huge crew and was very fortunate to have Cody Howard leading me down the river for my first time. I had a great end to the day with running Spirit falls with the plugger.

No comments: